But there are sucky things about waitressing, too. Like when the food is not free. If I've just worked a double shift and cleaned what I'm pretty sure is urine from a high chair, you seriously expect me to pay for those french fries? Which cost you .0000008 cents? Lame.
Here are some other sucky things about waitressing:
- Vindictive management with unjustifiable, over-inflated egos.
- Coked-up vindictive management with unjustifiable, over-inflated egos.
- Coked-up vindictive management with unjustifiable, over-inflated egos who leer at the waitresses.
- Showing up for a shift and being cut after two tables. I had no idea my time was so worthless!
- Dine-n-dashers. They should eat their meals in prison.
- Shitty tippers. Everyone should have to wait tables for 6 months. Then there would be no more shitty tippers.
- Clueless parents. Okay, I don't think they're actually clueless. I think their brains have been eroded from so much sleep deprivation, whining, and poop that they willfully shut down any previous inclinations they may have had toward acceptable behavior in a restaurant.
- I have friendships from this industry that will last for life.
- I'm an excellent tipper and always kind to my waiter.
- I excel at the clean-as-you-go method in my own kitchen.
- I have calves of steel.
- I can now highlight my silverware rolling skills when applying for a job.
- Not all managers are sucky.
- Some customers rock.